Glasses Lenses in Knoxville
Single vision lenses
Single vision lenses refer to lenses that provide one type of vision correction. These lenses can help people with farsightedness, nearsightedness, or astigmatism. It distributes the same focus over the entirety of the frame, so these lenses are not solutions for anyone with multiple prescriptions.
Progressive lenses provide a much smoother alternative to traditional bifocal lenses. There isn’t a sharp cut off between prescriptions, so shifting your focus from something in the distance to reading is smooth and easy. They also eliminate the distinct line that is visible on bifocal lenses, creating a more seamless appearance. The Eye Group has over 30 brands of progressive lenses available, and we will make sure you get the lens that’s best for you and your needs.
Near variable focus lens:
A variation of the progressive lens is the near variable focus lens. This lens was designed to eliminate the eye and neck strain when using a computer. This lens has a dedicated computer viewing zone in the middle of the lens, with the reading area at the bottom. This lens is a great occupational resource.
- Polycarbonate: These lenses are lighter and thinner than traditional plastic lenses. They’re also impact-resistant and extremely tough, making them a great option for children’s glasses, safety glasses, and sports glasses.
- Trivex: Trivex lenses are similarly impact-resistant, but they are lighter and stronger than traditional polycarbonate lenses. These lenses offer sharper vision, are chip-resistant, and offer 100 percent protection from UVA and UVB rays.
- High-index lenses: High-index lenses are a great option for those who have a strong prescription for eyeglasses for farsightedness, astigmatism, or nearsightedness. Typically, these lenses can get very thick and heavy, but high-index lenses allow wearers to have lighter, thinner glasses without having to sacrifice the strength of their prescription.
We also offer a variety of lens coatings, including:
- anti-reflective coatings to help with glare and night-driving
- Scratch-resistant coating to keep your glasses safe and scratch-free
- Blue-blocking coating to help with digital light
- Colorful coatings for aesthetic purposes or those with light sensitivity
Our opticians will work hard to make sure that you get the best lenses for your specific needs and interests!